Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Review WEDS!! TrollForged Minis & Mcvey studios

Good mourning one and all it is that time once again for product review weds. This week I am looking at two smaller companies one based across the pond and the other here in the states itself. So without further adu lets kick it off with:

TrollForged Miniatures: http://trollforged.com/


This company is owned by a very pleasant fella named Ed(hive trygon on his forums). Let me start off by saying that trollforged is based around selling the sculpts of many aspiring miniature sculptors. His company beliefs are based around helping guys bring their products to our attention and in doing so he has a damn good deal with them. For every model of theirs he selling they get 50% of the costs. Now as it stands I am going to give his company a 4/5 stars and heres why.

His shipping is top notch and is by in large one of the fastest and best packed I have ever dealt with. His customer service is beyond perfect as he responds that day via email answering any question you may have as a buyer. Their products are improving at an exponential rate keeping this reviews wallet empty as he tries to keep up. The only downside and this is being worked on is lack of product line connections. At first the sculptors did as they wanted and it resulted in some geat one offs for minis. Now though they are working together and producing some amazing lines of minis. Also several of them are working on their own playsystem to go along with their models and I must say it is fun, fast paced and rather exciting. All and all this is a company on the rise and I for one look forward at seeing how they are in a year.

Studio Mcvey: http://www.studiomcvey.com/


Studio Mcvey is the brainchild of multidemon winner Mike Mcvey and his Wife. They are both understatably outstanding painters who decided to form a small company out of their passion. Doing a lot of one off models that are drop dead gorgous and filled with details these two have really set a trend in the way resin should be done. These models came flawless on mold lines and were understatably cheap. Comming in around 15.00-30.00 buck u.s for shipping these models are 30mm and untterly gorgous. Even more so every model comes with a certificate showing the number on its mold as Mike won't do more than 1000 of each. This in turns forces people to strike while the iron is hot as I am sure these go quickly.

Now I am giving Mike 4 1/2 stars and heres why. He is great on responding to emails and very pleasant to speak with on any concerns a person may have. He ships very quickly and for a pacakge across the pond it took me less then two weeks from the time I ordered to the time I recieved and trust me that is pretty fast when going internationally. My only gripe and a small one as you know this going into your purchase is these are just one offs but are sooo much fun to paint and thats why I only gave him half a star off for that. With great competative pricing I am sure he has no problems in sales. Overall great company and I recomend you visting it any chance you get if even just to look at the models.

No comments:

Post a Comment