Sunday, August 14, 2011

ARD' BOYS!!!!

So let me start off by saying that this was the first ever ard'boys event that I ever played in. In the past I have always looked at this event with distaste and annoyance as it was so counter productive I felt too the hobby. I had always felt that a event solely based off battlepoint and not theme,sports, or painting was a bad idea. After seeing some negative gamers in my past I pictured these too be the type of people who would come out with the most disgusting lists and be other pricks. Let me just say that this blogger was very wrong!

I went with the sole plan to learn the GK's as facing off against people you normally wouldn't is a great way too really learn how too play an army. I planned (or more honestly figured) that I would loose all three games because I knew little about the grey knights play style or really the confidence at playing the army. My first game was against a Demons army...WOOT!!!!..ya not so much. Was his a tooled army as I had always thought I would face in Ard'boys, not in the least. Honestly he had a great play on the lists and was extremely well balanced. The individual was nice and we helped each other through the game and just had a good ole fashioned time. In the end "0" points as I was massacred but hey I learned a lot. Next up I got too play against a dark eldar army. I stole the initiave and surely this guy would be the dick I had envisioned, nope. He had a fun army lots of flying vehicle goodnew (probably close too $600 buck worth if not more) and was a very nice guy. I picked up some info on the dark eldar (something I have been drooling over painting for years) and walked out with...you guessed it "0" points but a tons more knowledge.

Finally I faced off against a terminator grey knights army..here's the dick right? No, not in the least in fact the game was only 45minutes but was jokes and laughs and just good gaming fun. Just as similiar as my second game I had a great first turn then fell apart. In the end I walked out with "1" point...drat!!!! Damn point modifiers stated if your opponent didn't have a fast attack choice you won the battle point no matter what. This meant I did not reach my goal of "0" points in a tourney. Granted I wasn't actually shooting for that but I knew I wasn't going too win the thing or even place after round two so why not go for broke. So what's the whole point of this as oppossed too showing you all some of my recent painting work well simple, don't ever place a sterotypes on something because you never know what will happen. It was a blast honestly and I look forward too next years (though this time I play too win :)_ ). It was a great store, great people and a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment